Choosing the most suitable web hosting model for your individual/business website is not an easy task to do. Your choice of features or web hosting model can have a significant effect on the future of your website or online business. In this blog post, you will find more information about shared and VPS hosting and when to choose either of them. Also, you will be able to enjoy our Easter web hosting offer which gives you 40% off on recurring monthly VPS hosting – Shared hosting plans.
Shared hosting is a web hosting type where a group of websites share a single physical server and its resources. Despite the fact that shared hosting can be considered the least expensive hosting type, it can have its disadvantages as well.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
One of the most significant advantages of shared hosting is that it is one of the most affordable models of web hosting. Shared hosting plans are much more cost-effective than other hosting types like VPS hosting or dedicated hosting since many websites share one server.
Another advantage of shared hosting is that it is easy to set up and manage. Most shared hosting plans come with a user-friendly control panel that allows website owners to manage their website’s back-end, email accounts, backups, and other features. Therefore, you don’t need to be tech-savvy in web hosting to set up and manage a site using shared hosting.
Furthermore, shared hosting is customizable to an extent HostSailor offers various packages with different features, storage space, bandwidth, and other resources according to your website’s needs.
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
While shared hosting may have a few advantages, it also comes with some drawbacks. The biggest drawback of shared hosting is sharing server resources with other websites. Therefore, if one website on the server experiences a surge in traffic, it can affect the performance of other websites on the same server.
The performance of your website can also be affected if the server experiences technical issues or crashes. That’s why, it’s of high importance that you choose a reliable hosting provider with a good track record of server uptime and support.
Another disadvantage of shared hosting is that it offers limited resources for your website. Since you’re sharing the server resources with other websites, the hosting provider may limit the resources available to your site in terms of bandwidth, storage, and other features. This may end up slowing down the site’s performance, especially during peak times when the site experiences high traffic.
Now you can enjoy our Easter web hosting offer with 40% off recurring monthly plans of shared hosting. All you need to do is use the coupon code “ HSBUNNY “ before 20/04/2023.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
VPS hosting has become increasingly popular over the past few years as it provides a level of control and flexibility that shared hosting simply cannot offer. Moreover, VPS hosting is still more cost-effective than dedicated hosting. In VPS hosting, virtualization technology is being used on a physical server in order to divide it into several virtual private servers. Each one of those VPSs is being used by one user only and has its own allocated resources.
Advantages of VPS Hosting
Using VPS hosting gives you the ability to have complete control over your server. Unlike shared hosting where you share resources with other websites on the same server, VPS hosting provides dedicated resources including CPU, RAM, and disk space which are allocated to one user only. This allows you to customize and configure your server to meet the specific needs of your website, including installing custom software and applications.
Another advantage of VPS hosting is its flexibility. With VPS hosting, you can easily scale your resources up or down depending on your website’s needs. This flexibility makes VPS hosting an ideal choice for businesses that experience traffic surges, as it allows them to quickly and easily adjust their resources according to their needs to avoid downtime.
Types of VPS Hosting
- Managed VPS hosting is a good option for those who want a hassle-free hosting experience. With managed hosting, we take care of all the technical details, including server maintenance, security, and software updates.
- Unmanaged VPS hosting offers more control and customization but requires the user to have the technical expertise to manage the server themselves. With unmanaged hosting, the user is solely responsible for maintaining the server, installing security patches, and keeping the software up-to-date.
Why Would You Choose HostSailor to be your Web Hosting Provider?
- Reliability and Uptime: HostSailor guarantees a minimum of 99.9% uptime which helps you avoid any loss in your revenues.
- Scalability: Our experienced team can help you upgrade your website’s resources easily as your business grows.
- Optimal Security: HostSailor employs robust security measures, such as firewalls, malware detection, regular backups and SSL certificates to protect your visitors’ data.
- Customer Support Availability: HostSailor offers responsive, knowledgeable, and friendly customer support which is available 24/7.
- Speed and Performance: HostSailor offers a wide range of plans with flexibility and variety in features to guarantee fast loading times and smooth navigation.
- Cost-Effectiveness: HostSailor offers the perfect balance between affordability and value, with transparent pricing and no hidden fees.
In conclusion, whether you choose Shared or VPS hosting, make sure that you make up your mind before our Easter web hosting offer expiry date which is 20/4/2023. Use the coupon code “ HSBUNNY “ to get 40%off on our plans.