What is WHMCS used for?
At its most basic WHMCS is a web hosting billing and automation platform, based around cPanel and of course WHM. It removes a great deal of the admin hassles associated with web hosting and makes life easier for a reseller. It is however a licenced product.
It provides addons for project management, SSL automation, and software licensing management. Some mobile apps are also available.
Responsive Whmcs Themes!
A major part of WHMCS’ power and performance is the use of themes and integrations with other common apps. Currently, there are 125 themes and apps to choose from. You can customise a website using a theme to bring a website into operation quickly and easily. Some are free, and some have an associated cost.
- WHMCS claim that if your server can run PHP and MySQL applications, then it will support WHMCS.
How to Get a WHMCS License?
The first step is to go here. That is the WHMCS product description page. It has details of the Web Hosting plans and the associated 2022 WHMCS licence fees.
There are three options:
- Plus at $18.95 per month, and up to 250 active clients.
- Professional at $29.95 per month, up to 500 active clients; and
- Business at $44.95 per month for over 500 active clients.
The Business Plan is tiered, with the following monthly costs:
- Up to 1,000 clients – $44.95
- Up to 2,500 clients – $95.95
- Up to 5,000 clients – $174.95
- Up to 10,000 clients – $299.95
The next step is to select a preferred plan.
You can then select any addons and proceed to the checkout. The checkout is a pretty standard shopping cart.
What features are related to the Reseller programme?
WHMCS have an attractive reseller programme for hosing companies wanting to add WHMCS to their service offerings. It offers attractive features:
- Flexible tiered pricing that reduces as you grow
- Snapshot billing on the 1st of the month
- A Free WHMCS Module to automate license issuance and management
- A Reseller Portal with real-time statistics and marketing materials
- A Fully-featured API for integration into custom systems