Shared Hosting Servers And Their Benefits
There are a lot of steps in the making of a website. Choosing a suitable name and buying it from a domain provider. Choosing between shared hosting servers, dedicated or VPS. Hosting the website on a server from a reliable hosting service provider. All that needs time and a lot of research. But, to make sure that the website works perfectly well once it’s launched, it is inevitable.
Finding a server and hosting the site itself is a crucial step for almost all website owners. When it comes to selecting the hosting service type for your website, you will have numerous options at your disposal. Before that, you need to find a hosting service provider. One who is reliable and offers great hosting solutions at an affordable price range. Once you are done with finding a provider, you will have to decide on the kind of hosting that is suitable for your site. Whether it is shared hosting, VPS, or dedicated servers
The most popular hosting option for new website owners is shared hosting for a number of reasons. Read along to know more about shared hosting and for whom this type of hosting can be beneficial.
What Is Shared Hosting?
In shared hosting, different websites make use of a single server. In the usual cases, you will not have any idea of who or what websites you share the resources of a server with. Each of the users will have a limit on the number of server resources that they can use and this limit will depend on the hosting package.
A shared hosting service is the most economical option for your hosting needs, but the cheap price comes with its limitations. As most of the hosting service providers will offer the same amount of storage and space, it is important to find a provider whom you can trust.
What Are The Benefits Of Shared Hosting?
1) As said above, it is the cheapest hosting option that you can find. The price for this type of hosting will usually be much lesser than most other hosting types.
2) Most hosting service providers will offer different levels of hosting. You will be able to upgrade your hosting package to the next level whenever you want. This makes the shared hosting service a great option to start with.
3) No need for technical maintenance of the server on your end, as it will be included as part of the hosting package.
4) Easy to set up and maintain.
5) Cost-effective for small business owners.
In a nutshell, shared hosting can be a very good option for website owners with budget constraints or those users who are just getting started online. You will never be stuck with shared hosting forever as you can upgrade to another hosting option anytime. You can move to a better hosting server when the visits to your website grow or as you like.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting can have many benefits like solid uptime, value for money, and easy management. However, it can have some disadvantages, and these are shared below.
1) The load time of websites using shared hosting can be much slower than that of websites using dedicated servers.
2) Shared hosting servers can become overloaded with requests from other websites that are sharing the server.
3) When your website starts to receive high traffic levels, your site will begin to perform worse when on shared hosting.
4) Even though rare, there can be chances for other websites on the shared server to pose risks to your website.
5) Customizations that guarantee the best website performances are limited in number.
The benefits of shared hosting can outweigh the negatives for many people who are just getting started online. This is especially true if you want to set up and run a site as quickly as possible. You should also understand that a responsible web hosting service provider will let you know when the traffic to your site reaches a level . A level that says it is time to upgrade your hosting plan. They will also monitor and shut down websites that pose a risk to other websites on the shared server.
What Are The Alternatives To Shared Hosting?
There are no such specific alternatives to shared hosting services. Although upgrades are a possibility, there is no other low-cost alternative than shared hosting. Some of the upgrades to shared hosting are VPS server hosting and WordPress dedicated hosting. Semi-dedicated hosting options are also available. All these options will cost more than the basic shared hosting plans. However, these options can offer you very good levels of performance and customization.
A shared hosting service can be a suitable option for those website owners who expect only a small amount of users on their website at a time. It will also be affordable for small business owners who are getting a website of their own to grow their business. These servers will be easy to manage and providers usually provide full technical support with these types of hosting plans.
So, this is what shared hosting is about. If you are someone who is trying to figure out the type of hosting server you should go for, think about all aspects and choose one. You can read more on shared hosting on our blog. Other hosting types like dedicated hosting, VPS hosting and SSD hosting are also featured in our blog.
If you want to know more about HostSailor’s shared hosting plans, you can initiate a chat with our sales team from our website. You can also make a call or email us at [email protected] regarding anything related to shared hosting servers or other hosting plans.