Do you own any cryptocurrencies? If yes, we have some good news for you! HostSailor now support payments with Bitcoin, XRP, Ether, Litecoin, and over 50 other Altcoins. The full list is available on the website of our payment processor CoinGate.
Pay with Bitcoin or other Altcoins on HostSailor.com
Step 1: Bitcoin & Altcoins as a web hosting payment method
Go to checkout as usual and select the Bitcoin & Altcoin payment option. You will be redirected to complete the payment on CoinGate invoice page. Note: you will have 20 minutes to make the transaction.
Step 2: Choose the desired payment currency
Click on the digital asset you wish to pay with. You will notice BTC, XRP, ETH and LTC at the top, while other supported cryptocurrencies can be viewed under the “More currencies” tab.
Step 3: Enter your email address (optional)
It is optional; however, we encourage you to provide a contact email in case of payment issues.
Step 4: Make the transaction
You will see the payment amount, a unique address to send the transaction, as well as a QR code (for XRP transactions, do not forget the destination tag). You can proceed as follows:
- a) Click on the wallet button to open a supported wallet on your device
- b) Scan the QR code with your mobile wallet.
- c) Copy-paste the displayed amount and address to your cryptocurrency wallet. You will notice a confirmation screen right after. You can also pay for the invoice via the Lightning Network. Check the step-by-step guide for the instructions.
Step 5: Payment confirmed
Your transaction will typically be detected within a few seconds after it was broadcast to the network, regardless of the currency you are paying with. Once detected, the invoice will immediately display a ‘Confirming’ message which will change to ‘Paid and Confirmed’ shortly. The payment is now completed and your order is on the way!
Important to know: we strongly advise not to make purchases from exchanges as your payments may arrive late.
Why pay for host with cryptocurrency?
In some cases, paying with cryptocurrency can be much more convenient than using traditional payment methods. Here are a few reasons why:
- Transactions are quick and simple. The transaction speed of different cryptocurrencies can range between a few seconds up to 10 minutes, and therefore will always be faster than a traditional bank transfer. On top of that, you don’t need any physical payment cards and chains of billing details to make the payment.
- No added fees. Cryptocurrency transaction costs might depend on many factors. Still, ‘pre-mined’ digital assets can boast of nearly cost-less transactions while payments with Bitcoin or Litecoin might cost more because of miner’s fee. However, CoinGate payment option allows purchases via both Bitcoin and Litecoin the Lightning Network, reducing the costs to a fraction of penny.
- Pay from anywhere in the world. There are no cryptocurrencies that would care about the borders. Whether you pay with cryptocurrency in a local shop or transfer it to another continent, the payment will be processed in the same time frame, for the same price.
- Stay private. Nobody can see the identity behind a wallet address. Cryptocurrencies are well-suited for those who wish to retain a certain level of privacy. Other than your email address, we will not ask for any additional information.
Any concerns or questions?
Hopefully, you’ve enjoyed your shopping experience on HostSailor.com! If you have any issues or questions regarding cryptocurrency payments, please refer to CoinGate support page.